Mark trained to be a chef for 2 years in New York at the Culinary Institute of America and then went on to cook in Michelin starred restaurants throughout the UK. In 2005, he met Nadine at The Vineyard at Stockcross in Berkshire and one year later both decided to move to Scotland, where Mark worked as Sous-chef in The Peat Inn, which is now a Michelin star restaurant.
In 2008, Mark decided to return to education and graduated with a Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management from the prestigious Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland. Having always worked as a chef, he wanted to try out the other side of the restaurant and took on the role as Food and Beverage Manager at Rocca Bar & Grill within the Macdonald Rusacks Hotel in St.Andrews, Scotland. In St.Andrews, the home of golf, Mark experienced different types of guests and their demands.
- What is he good at: ironing, makes most yummy food ever!!!!
- What is he not so good at: filing receipts and paper
- Interest: loves F1 and Rugby
- Favorite drink: cider
- Loves: Nadine
- Dislikes: brussels sprouts and rainy days
- Motto: Just get it done!!!
Nadine, originally from Schwerin in Germany, began her career as a waitress in Germany and Switzerland and worked from mountain hotels to 5star hotels.
As Nadine wanted to learn English, she decided to move to England and worked at the Michelin star restaurant The Vineyard at Stockcross in Berkshire, where she meet Mark. In 2006, both decided to move to Scotland and Nadine worked as head waitress for 2 years at The Peat Inn, near St.Andrews. Failing to learn the Scottish accent, Nadine returned to education and graduated with a Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management from the prestigious Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland. Having worked in restaurants only, Nadine decided to go into Housekeeping and took on the role of Assistant Executive Housekeeper for 144 rooms and latterly Executive Spa Manager for the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in St.Andrews.
- What is she good at: giving orders, filing, cleaning and organizing everyone else!!!
- What is she not so good at: cooking, baking or any kind of kitchen work
- Interest: art, craft, travelling and languages
- Favorite drink: pink champagne
- Loves: Mark
- Dislikes: garden work and hot peppers
- Motto: Everything is possible!
Aubin has worked many years in farming in Cupar, near St.Andrews in Scotland and run a B&B with Jackie, where he first discovered his love for hospitality. He loves meeting people, good food and wine and appreciates the French way of life. Aubin has great ways of entertaining a group of people and making everybody comfortable. He is the only one of us who speaks French fluently and therefore Aubin is in high demand.
- What is he good at: driving minivans
- What is he not so good at: listening and remembering to take his phone with him
- Interest: sports, golf and ski
- Favorite drink: red wine
- Loves: adventure
- Dislikes: soap operas and rice pudding
- Motto: How much?
Jackie loves living in France as the weather is warmer and the sun shines more often than in Scotland. She has helped Aubin many years on their farm in Scotland and run a B&B. Jackie has many different talents, such as flower decorator, interior designer, embroiderer, lacemaker and beader. She loves to work with her hands and has made all the curtains and cushions in both chalets and has a good eye for detail in everything she does. Jackie is very inventive and comes up with crazy ideas, which often have come very successful.
- What is she good at: art, cooking, good with hands
- What is she not so good at: diplomacy
- Interest: handcraft and being creative
- Favorite drink: champagne of course
- Loves: quality
- Dislikes: snakes and cruelty
- Motto: Some things are meant!